Guide to Skrill e-wallet in India 2022
Skrill is a popular and safe e-wallet for Indian casino players. Skrill was started under the name Moneybookers back in 2001 in the United Kingdom and has grown to be one of the most popular payment solutions in many countries, India included. Skrill is not only used for casino transactions but is used to transfer money between people and also across many industries such as e-commerce.
Best thing for Indian casino players is that Skrill accepts Indian rupees and is supported on almost all online casinos which makes it very easy to deposit and withdraw.
Below you can find some of our favourite Indian online casinos that supports Skrill.
How do you sign up for Skrill in India?
To sign up for Skill is very easy and it will be done in a few easy steps.
- Start with heading over to Skrill.com and initiate the registration process. You’ll be asked to provide some personal details, email and password.
- After the initial setup you’ll have to link your account to a financial instrument such as a credit or debit card or bank account, the choice is yours.
- After this is done you can start using your Skrill account to depositing money!
Skrill also offers a prepaid MasterCard for Indian customers, at the time of writing Skrill only supports (Euro, Pounds, Dollars, and Polish Zloty) but we’ll let you know when Indian rupees are available as a currency. The card is very convenient to use as it’s linked to your Skrill account and is accepted at all merchants accepting Mastercards. You can also issue a virtual prepaid card and use as a debit card.
How to deposit using Skrill?
After setting up your account you’re ready to go. Make sure you top up your account with your chosen amount, keep in mind that there is a deposit fee when topping up your account, around 2,5% currently. You can choose to top up with both UPI, Neteller, Bank or credit or debit cards such as VISA and MasterCard.
- Login in to the casino and open the cashier
- Choose Skrill as deposit method
- Choose the deposit amount
- Enter your email and password
- Confirm the deposit and your money should arrive instantly
How to Withdraw using Skrill?
When it’s time to withdraw some money from your casino balance you’ll experience a very easy and fast withdrawal process which will be processed much faster than the usual bank transfer.
When withdrawing from your Skrill account you will get a withdrawal fee of INR 485.50 currently, keep in mind, this is only when you withdraw funds from Skrill not the online casino. You can also request a direct bank transfer from the online casino if you want to avoid the Skrill withdrawal fee.
- Visit your online casino and open the cashier
- Confirm your account balance and the minimum withdrawal amount
- Select Skrill as withdrawal method
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw from your account
- Enter your Skrill details and confirm the transaction
Is Skrill a safe payment method?
Skrill’s biggest strength is safety as it’s very secure and you don’t have to share any sensitive card details or bank details with the casino. The only think they’ll see is your Skrill account which gives you a bit more privacy. This is especially good if you don’t want to have gambling transactions on your card or bank account.
What is an e-wallet?
Skrill is an e-wallet which you might have heard before. It’s a payment method which stores your money safely online which makes the process much faster and safer as you don’t expose your card details or bank account to any merchants. E-wallets are usually topped up with your credit card or bank account.
- Online casinos offer much faster withdrawal process when using e-wallets.
- Skrill e-wallet gives you extra privacy as you don’t have to expose your card or bank account to the online casino.
- You don’t have memorise your card details, just login using your email and password.
Most online casinos support Skrill, check out our top list above for recommend Indian casinos.
Skrill is a very safe payment method for Indian players following all the regulations.
No, there is usually no deposit fee for Indian players.
Yes, the minimum deposit is usually ₹500, to ₹2000.
Yes, Skrill supports Indian Rupees.
Skrill is very easy to use and when withdrawing to an e-wallet you’ll get a much faster withdrawal process.
Published on May 21, 2020 by Matt Brown. Last updated: January 1, 2022