Top Indian Andar Bahar Casinos
The best Andar Bahar casinos are the ones that offer a variety of Andar Bahar tables, bet options and stake levels. Lucky for you, we’ve done some of the work already and gone through several Indian casinos and their gaming software to find the top casinos.
Finding the top casinos for Andar Bahar is not only about the app. We also make sure it is a trusted casino that offers Indian payment methods and has a large game selection.
Guide to the best Andar Bahar games online
Andar Bahar, also known as Katti, Mangatha or Maan Patta, only need one deck of cards to be enjoyed. With only one deck of cards as a prop to play Andar Bahar, it is easy to play among friends and family and even online.
Although, when playing in the online casinos, you might see the dealers swapping decks every round. They exchange the card decks to avoid longer shuffle breaks and to keep the gameplay going. The deck that isn’t in play is shuffled in an automatic card shuffler.
In this review, we hope to make you more familiar with playing Andar Bahar in online casinos. And as a word of caution, always make sure you feel comfortable with a casino or a game before playing for real money online.
List of all Andar Bahar games by live studios
The Andar Bahar game studios for online casinos have increased in the last few years. Some of the Andar Bahar games are played live with real dealers, and some are random number generated (RNG) apps.
We’ve had a closer look at the current games on the market and will continue to update our review once new Andar Bahar games are released.
Live Andar Bahar
RNG Andar Bahar
- Andar Bahar by OneTouch.
- Andar Bahar by Woohoo Games.
- Andar Bahar by Gameplay Interactive.
- Andar Bahar by RNGPlay.
- Andar Bahar by Mplay games.
How to play Andar Bahar in online casinos
You play Andar Bahar in 3 different stages: the shuffle, the betting round and the deal & payout round.
- First, the dealer shuffles the cards and cuts the shoe like any other card game like Blackjack or Baccarat. The first card drawn after the cut is the “joker card”. Forget what you previously know about jokers; this card isn’t a wild card. The joker card in Andar Bahar determines the face value of when to stop drawing any more cards from the deck.
The game ends when a card with the same face value as the joker card turns up on the Andar side of the table or the Bahar side.
- After revealing the joker card, the betting round starts. You can choose your stakes and whether you want to bet on either the Andar side or the Bahar side to win. Besides the regular bets, you have a selection of optional side bets to place that we’ll explain in more detail below.
- After the betting round, it’s time for the dealer to deal with the cards. The first card is dealt to Bahar and the second to Andar. The card dealing continues to each side until a card with the same face value as the joker card comes up. When the game stops, any potential payouts are paid to the players who have placed bets on the correct outcomes.
Andar Bahar side bets
Just like most of the card games in casinos, you’ll also find that some online casinos will offer side bets on Andar Bahar. The available side bets may vary a bit depending on which game studio that’s providing the game. Below are the common types of side bets you’ll see in Andar Bahar, and further down in our guide, we’ll give you the details of every side bet per game studio:
- Number of cards to appear before the game ends. This side bet is usually presented in various ranges like “6 to 10 cards”. The card count of this bet is excluding the joker card.
- Suit card of the joker where you can choose between Diamonds, Hearts, Clubs or Spades.
- Colour of the joker (red or black).
- Card value of the joker.
- High or low lets you guess if the joker will be either lower or higher than 8 or if it will be an 8.
- “First 3” is a side bet where you need to form a poker hand from the first three cards. The hands are similar to the hands you can get in Triple Card poker and Teen Patti.
The betting round starts before the joker is dealt when you can play a side bet on the joker. Some game providers allow to only place all bets in one betting round. Other game providers will have an initial betting round on the joker and then a second betting round for the main game of Andar Bahar.
Editors note on available side bets in Andar Bahar: I’m a big fan of side bets since it brings an extra layer of excitement to any game. And it would be fun if the online makers of Andar Bahar games got some more variation to the side bets by looking at what’s available on the Blackjack tables or 3-card pokers. I would like to see side bets where you can bet on a certain number of suits or colours drawn in a row. Or why not the total number of suits or colours on the table? Another thing to consider is to bring in bonus bets if the first couple of cards makes up a 3-card poker hand or a regular poker hand.
Andar Bahar strategy
Andar Bahar is a game of chance, the outcomes are random, and once you have placed your bet and the deal starts, there’s not much you can control (unlike Blackjack where you can fold, take another card(s), split double etc.). With that said, it’s still an enjoyable game that is as easy to learn as roulette, if not easier. If there’s any strategy to follow in Andar Bahar, it would be to play on the higher paying side (Andar) and side bets if you get good odds.
Andar Bahar Payout
For a regular game of Andar Bahar that offers you a payout of 2.0 on Andar and 1.9 on Bahar, the RTP is 94.85% on the main bet/game. The payout on the side bets can sometimes be higher than the main game and can vary a bit from studio to studio. Further down in this review, you’ll find the different payout tables for the game studios we have played.
Andar Bahar live casino studios
Andar Bahar is not in the standard offering among the games of all casino studios. But a few studios have niched to the Indian players since the population is massive and the game is trending online.
We have looked at the six major live Andar Bahar providers in this review. All have something different to offer, be it side bets or payouts.
Ezugi offers two live Andar Bahar table games
Ezugi has two live games of Andar Bahar. One table is played live from their studio and the second one is an OTT (over the table) broadcasted live from one of Casino Marina’s land-based locations. The stake ranges on both of the tables are ₹50 to ₹50,000.
Andar Bahar by Ezugi
The first Andar Bahar table Ezugi created is broadcasted live from their game studio. This game has both main game bets and side bets for Andar Bahar. You can place all your bets both before and after the joker has been shown. Once the dealer reveals the Andar Bahar joker, the countdown timer for the final wagers starts.
The dealers on this table are dressed in Indian themed clothing, but the language spoken is English.
For more information, look at our table below for all available bets, payouts and RTP.
One-click app interface
You’ll have all bets available one or two clicks away if you play Andar Bahar on Ezugi’s mobile app.
- The main bets are always showing by default.
- To bet on the side-bets, you have to click “Place side bets”. Place your side bets and click on “Close side bets” to show the main bet options again.
- To change stake levels, you can click the casino chips at the bottom centre of the screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, you’ll also find buttons to rebet, undo the last action or remove all bets.
- Close to the bottom of the screen, you’ll find the Andar Bahar roadmap that shows the previous results. On the side of the roadmap, you’ll find some statistics for the Andar and Bahar outcomes as well as the last eight joker cards.
- Just click the camera icon to focus on the live casino studio stream and remove the betting interface.
- There’s also a tipping button if you want to tip the dealers.
Ezugi’s betting interface is pretty straightforward on mobile. The only thing they haven’t nailed 100% on mobile is different views. If you play their Andar Bahar on mobile, we recommend using the portrait mode instead of landscape.
Ezugi’s Andar Bahar bet options and RTP table:
|Bet||Payout||Bet example in ₹||Payout example|
|1-5 (1 to 5 cards)||2.5:1||₹100||₹350|
|6-10 (6 to 10)||3.5:1||₹100||₹450|
|11-15 (11 to 15)||4.5:1||₹100||₹550|
|16-25 (16 to 25)||3.5:1||₹100||₹450|
|26-30 (26 to 30)||14:1||₹100||₹1500|
|31-35 (31 to 35)||24:1||₹100||₹2500|
|36-40 (36 to 40)||49:1||₹100||₹5000|
|41 or more||119:1||₹100||₹12,000|
OTT Andar Bahar by Ezugi
OTT Andar Bahar is the secondary table Ezugi has added to their Andar Bahar suite. Since the broadcast is from a land-based casino, there’s not much interaction with the dealers as with studio broadcasted Andar Bahar.
In this version, you have more main bet options for both Andar and Bahar. The side bet options remain the same as Ezugi’s first version of the game.
- In the first betting round, you bet on the “1st Bet”. Use this bet if you want to predict if Andar or Bahar will win after the first card. This bet also pays on the second card or any card after if you have the correct wager.
- The second betting round starts after the first cards have been given to both Andar and Bahar. This bet pays if there’s a winner on the second card or any card after.
- Since Bahar always receives the first card, the payouts are slightly less than the Andar bets. On the third card and forward, the payouts are the same for both Andar and Bahar.
You’ll find the payout table and RTP for OTT Andar Bahar below.
OTT Andar Bahar interface
The interface in the mobile app of OTT Andar Bahar is similar to Ezugi’s studio version. The only difference in the interface for this game is the addition of the secondary main bet buttons.
Live Andar Bahar by Playtech
The live Andar Bahar version from Playtech is probably one of the most fun game versions online. Their Andar Bahar launched in early 2021, so they have had the opportunity to learn from competitors, be creative, and improve the gambling experience for Indian players. As an example, they have Hindu speaking dealers on this table and have introduced new side bets.
Playtech’s Andar Bahar is the only game that offers a side bet on the first three cards, a Teen Patti or Triple Card Poker side bet. You’ll win if you get a flush, straight, or a straight flush if you play on this side bet.
Another side bet you’ll find on this table is the “Win on First Card”. If you think Andar or Bahar will win on the first card, you bet on this side bet. If there’s a win on the first card for Andar, the “First 3” side bet is voided and paid back.
Like most Andar Bahar tables online, you’ll also find the side bet on a range of numbers of cards dealt.
Andar always is drawn first; therefore, Andar pays a little less than Bahar.
You need to place all bets before the dealer reveals the joker. You can bet on any side bet without betting on the main bets.
Live Andar Bahar by Betgames.tv
Betgames.tv is known for having different types of live games than conventional online live games. Andar Bahar is one of their latest game addition during May 2021. Adding Andar Bahar to their game portfolio is not surprising as it fits their game profile, and India’s online casino market is booming.
In the Betgames version of Andar Bahar, you’ll find a different range of side bets from the typical bets you find in other online versions, as well as the regular bets. The other side bets are on predicting the outcome of the joker, what suit or colour it will be or if it will be higher or lower than 8.
To participate in this game, you must place all bets before the game starts.
You’ll find the payout table for all bets and side bets in the table below.
Live Andar Bahar by Super Spade Games
Their Andar Bahar table is probably the most simplistic live game online. The table only offers main bets on both Andar and the Bahar sides. With only the main bets offered, this speeds up the gameplay and makes the game less complex, perhaps less fun as well.
Common Andar Bahar Questions and Answers
To play real money Andar Bahar, you need a free online casino account, make a deposit and start betting on the game.
Andar Bahar is a card game where the dealer and the player goes head to head on getting the same face value as the first card dealt (called the “Joker”). After the first card has been shown, the dealer and the player gets every second card.
To win in Andar Bahar, you need to bet on either Andar or Bahar to match the face value of the first dealt card. Depending on which Andar Bahar version you play, there are also various side bets to play on.
To bet on Andar Bahar by Pragmatic Play, you need as little as ₹5 or as much as ₹2,50,000. Other game studios’ minimum and maximum amounts can vary; some start at 50 rupees.
Since Andar Bahar is a game of chance, there’s no specific winning formula to win.
The best strategy to use when playing Andar Bahar is to avoid the low odds bets combined with high probability and not to play with a too high proportion of your bankroll if you want to play safe and longer.
If you’re going to play for a higher reward, you have to play a riskier Andar Bahar and go for the high odds bets.
There is downloadable APKs for online casinos that have Andar Bahar. However, casino APK’s are rare, and if you play live Andar Bahar, you might as well play directly through your browser since you are playing over a live stream.
All your winnings are also in real money when you play Andar Bahar at online casinos with real money.
Andar Bahar is a pure guessing game with no need to make a specific hand combination (besides some side bets). From this aspect, games like Dragon Tiger, Lucky 7, Casino War, and Hi-Lo card games are very similar to the Andar Bahar game.
Yes, there are Andar Bahar tables in Hindi at some casinos. All Playtech casinos have Andar Bahar with Hindi speaking dealers, and other casinos can have Andar Bahar with a Hindi user interface and Indian inspired game studio.
There are two ways to play free online Andar Bahar in Indian casinos.
1. The most common way to play free Andar Bahar is to play the game in “play for fun” mode. When you play in fun mode, you’ll get a free chip balance that you can use however you want, except for cashing out.
2. Sometimes, online casinos give out free money or bonuses for playing their casino games. Casinos rarely give anything or too many free bonuses upon registration, and it’s more likely that you’ll receive something when you’re a loyal player with some history at the casino. Free bonus money usually comes with some turnover restrictions before allowing for withdrawals.
If you want to play free Andar Bahar without having an account at a casino, you can also download the free Andar Bahar apps at the play store or download Andar Bahar APK.
Andar Bahar only uses one deck of cards and is shuffled every game, making it hard to count cards.
Published on November 8, 2020 by Matt Brown. Last updated: March 4, 2022