Online Roulette Guide 2022
Roulette is the most well-known and oldest casino table game. The game’s tremendous popularity has resulted in it being introduced to internet gambling, and it may be found at almost all online casinos in India.
Online Roulette can be played with real money as a random number generated app game or with lovely dealers over a live stream. Live Roulette online is the most fun way to play Roulette since you can engage with live dealers and hundreds of players on the chat.
Roulette is perhaps the most popular live game in India, and here on Live Casino Plaza, you’ll find helpful Roulette information regardless of whether you are a beginner to the game or not. You’ll also find Roulette guides containing Roulette strategies and other valuable tips and tricks.
Most importantly, this is the place you’ll find trustworthy Indian online casinos with live Roulette. Keep on reading if you love Roulette!
Best Live Roulette Casinos Online in India
There’s no doubt that real money Roulette is available in any online casino. The same goes for live Roulette online. The only trick to finding the best Roulette site is knowing which casino has the best Roulette offering with different game variations, how many live tables, and the most popular Indian payment methods.
The internet casinos below have one of the better selections of Roulette games you’ll find online. All casinos offer real money play and deposits with Paytm, Google Pay, PhonePe, Rupay and other popular banking methods.
If you are looking for specific online roulette games like Lightning Roulette and Quantum Roulette, we have a separate guide for online Roulette variants.
In this Roulette Guide
- Quick steps to get started with Roulette for real money online.
- How to bet on Roulette online.
- Playing Roulette for free online.
- Roulette bet rules, odds and payout tables.
- Roulette strategies.
- Is it legal to play online Roulette in India?
- Are Roulette internet sites trustworthy?
- Top 10 Roulette Casino websites in India 2022.
- Variants of Roulette found online.
- What’s the difference between online Roulette and land-based Roulette?
- High stakes Roulette.
- Roulette questions and answers.
Quick steps to get started with Roulette for real money online
If you already have an account with an online casino, you can skip reading this section and go to how to bet on Roulette. This short guide gives you an overview of the steps of playing Roulette online, from getting a free account to making a real cash withdrawal.
Getting started – Step by step images
Getting started – Step by step in text
- Register a free account with an online casino.
- Before playing any casino game online for real money, you need to have an account with an online casino. Registering your account is free at online casinos.
Check out our recommended online casinos in India for a safe and secure casino experience online.
- Make a deposit.
- When you have a casino account, the next step is to fund your account with rupees. Indian online casinos usually have the most popular payment for players in India. The best casinos will have Paytm, GooglePay, Phonepe, UPI and Netbanking, among card payments and other funding options.
- Browse and pick a Roulette table.
- Online casinos have many Roulette tables to choose from to cater to all player types. There can be Roulette tables with different rules, bet limits, and croupiers.
Browse the casino site’s game portfolio or use their search to find a Roulette table for you.
- Start betting on your favourite bets.
- Choose your stake level in the user interface and start placing a bet on numbers or any other outcome.
- Cashing out your winnings.
- Once you’re finished playing Roulette (or any other game), you can choose to cash out your entire balance or a part of it if you want to play later. You can also keep the full balance on your account if you’re going to take a small break or if you’re going to use your funds the next time you want to play.
How to bet on Roulette online
Betting on Roulette doesn’t differ much when you play casino online versus a land-based casino. This page contains a brief guide to betting on Roulette, and you can read our complete guide on how to play Roulette online, which covers the following topics.
- Basic Roulette rules.
- Roulette Bankroll management.
- How to find a wager that suits you.
- Roulette betting tips.
- How to win in Roulette.
- Tips for winning more at online casinos.
You can only place your wager during the “betting round”. Wagers are open right after the winning number has been announced and a little while after the croupier has started to spin the ball. When playing online, you’ll see a countdown timer for last bets.
Before you place your bets, you need to choose the value of the chips you want to use. Once you’ve selected a chip value, you can put your bet on the Roulette board or the racing track. You can bet one or more chips on the same bet, and you can even change the chip value for the next chip you want to bet.
Want to know more about the bet types in Roulette? Read inside bets and outside bets in our how to play Roulette guide.
Playing Roulette for free online
Playing free online Roulette is a great way to familiarise yourself with the game and how the app works since Roulette games can differ slightly. But in general, most of the roulette apps work in the same way.
Play Roulette free for fun
The Roulette games you can try for free are usually not with live dealers. You can still log in and spectate a live Roulette game if you have a casino account.
RNG (random number generator) Roulettes are the versions that are widely available for free play; you can play them straight from the casino site without even having a casino account.
Play Roulette for free with casino bonuses
On some occasions, online casinos give out bonuses to players so that you can try the games before using your own real money. Bonus money can, in most cases, be used on Roulette tables with live dealers.
Bonus money usually comes with conditions before the bonus turns to real money, and a withdrawal is allowed. Although it’s nice to play Roulette with a bonus, the free bonuses are usually not big enough to last for a very long time.
Roulette bet rules, odds and payout tables
Like most casino games, Roulette is a game of chance, and it’s vital to learn the rules, odds and payouts of different bets to make your money worthwhile. In European Roulette, the house edge is the same for all bets, but what makes the difference for a longer-lasting gaming session when you play is what you bet on and the odds for the outcome.
Below you’ll find the essential information around the bets in Roulette. If you want to learn more about Roulette odds, you’ll find comprehensive information in our Roulette payout guide.
In essence, Roulette bets are made out of two categories, inside bets and outside bets. Inside bets are all the bets associated with the numbers inside the betting table, and outside bets are the bet types outside of numbers 0-36 on the table layout.
When you know the basic roulette rules and the wager types of Roulette, you might ask yourself if there is an optimal approach to play Roulette. There are, in fact, quite a few strategies that you can use when playing Roulette and a few methods to win more in Roulette as well.
The most important thing to know when applying roulette strategies is that you need to know that the house always wins. But there are a few ways to optimise your playing sessions, and that’s by applying specific bets or strategies and making sure that you are playing on the correct roulette tables.
You need to know that the bet types in Roulette have the same theoretical payout. The main difference between the bet types is how often you win on these bets and how much each bet will pay.
Make sure to read our comprehensive Roulette strategy guide to improve your Roulette game, increase your chances to win more and for your sessions to last longer.
Is it legal to play online Roulette in India?
On a federal law level, offshore online gambling is not illegal in India, and therefore it’s not illegal to play Roulette in online casinos.
Are Roulette internet sites trustworthy?
Like everything else on the Internet or in the world, there are a few rotten eggs, but most Internet casino sites are trustworthy, especially the known ones. At Live Casino Plaza, we have a tight dialogue with all our recommended casinos, and they have passed all our requirements to qualify for being a trustworthy and good place to play online games.
Top 10 Roulette Casino websites in India 2022
Variants of Roulette found online
There is a wide variety of different kinds of Roulette games available online. The most common Roulette tables are European Roulette, American Roulette and French Roulette. Still, there are also a lot of other Roulette tables with unique features, multipliers, and many other features that make the game even more exciting than the classic variant of Roulette.
Today, the most famous roulette variants are Lightning Roulette, Mega Roulette, Quantum Roulette, and Fire Blaze Roulette. But the list doesn’t stop there.
If we were to list all of the games here would make this page too long, so we have dedicated an entire page to all the live Roulette variants playable online. In our guide with all Roulette variants, you’ll find not only all the games but also a short description of them and a link to a full review and all of the online casinos that have each Roulette variant.
What’s the difference between online Roulette and land-based Roulette?
The main features of Roulette and the game rules are the same whether you play in an online casino or a land-based casino. There are more differences than the atmosphere and the feeling when you play Roulette in a casino.
In both casino worlds, you have a croupier leading the game and the crowd who might be betting or watching the game, online you would see the croupier over a live stream, and the crowd might either be active in a live chat or staying silent in the background.
Other things you’ll see in online Roulette that you don’t experience in a regular casino
- There’s no need to wait for the Roulette croupier to pay your winning bets since your winnings are automatically paid out when playing online.
- Players don’t have different chip colours in online Roulette since the computer handles all the wagers. The chip handling also means that you don’t need to exchange money for chips when you come to the table or change the chips back when you want to leave. You can play the game instantly and go whenever you want.
- You never have to worry about the online Roulette table being too crowded and having a hard time placing a wager because of this.
- Since the croupier isn’t placing the wagers for you, you also don’t have to worry about not having your special Roulette wagers on the race track placed in time because other players are getting help from the land-based croupier.
- Other helpful features of online Roulette come from the app’s user interface. You can choose to use autoplay to repeat your bet for several rounds. You can also save your favourite bet patterns or repeat your last bet, and you can even double up your previous bet.
- In the user interface of online roulette games, you’ll also find more extensive statistics and history of the previous Roulette outcomes. Some Roulette providers have history and statistics of up to the last 500 rounds.
High stakes Roulette
Not every game in online casinos allows for larger bets, but Blackjack, Baccarat and Roulette have a lot of tables with different stake sizes. You’ll even find private tables where only you and no other player has the table and the croupier for yourself. These tables are often the tables that allow for the maximum possible bet on the game.
In our review of every recommended online casino, we are including the max bets you can place on their online roulette tables. If you are a high roller in need of an excellent place to play, we also have a dedicated VIP page listing all high-stakes table games and online casinos. Some casinos might also have a loyalty program with cashback and other perks.
As a high roller, we want to make sure you are taken good care of; feel free to get in touch with us to get help finding the right online casino for you.
Common Roulette questions and answers
Join one of our recommended Roulette casinos online. Make a real money deposit and start playing!
Online Roulette and gambling are legal activities across India unless a state has banned online gambling. States that have banned online gambling are Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Telangana.
Yes, it’s possible to win real money playing Roulette online, and you can withdraw your winnings to your bank account or your preferred payment method.
There are several good online casinos in India with Roulette; in our online Roulette top 10 list, you should find a casino that suits your needs.
Most online casinos have a minimum deposit of 500 rupees, and the stake on Roulette tables starts at 5 rupees.
Live Roulette is an online version of the game where you can see and play the game over a live stream with real croupiers.
To play with real money in Indian casinos, you can use Paytm, Google Pay, Phonepe, UPI, Netbanking and card methods like RuPay, Visa and Mastercard. You can also pay with crypto or popular e-wallets like AstroPay or MuchBetter, and many more.
Browse all Indian online casinos by their supported payment method here.
Published on February 20, 2022 by Matt Brown. Last updated: February 20, 2022